tom Brinkman wrote:
>     While building from scratch might offer the best results, it's
> never the cheapest route.

In general that may be true, but I upgrade my systems piecemeal -- that
is, I sometimes upgrade an existing system reusing the hard drive,
CD-Rom, case, and anything else that is not obsolete.  And, even if I
eventually want a bigger hard drive, I can put that off until later, or
put two of my smaller hard drives on one system and buy one bigger new
one for another system.

(Unfortunately, in the next go round, I'll need to upgrade the case and
the memory in most cases.)

Randy Kramer