On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, shane wrote:

> -----pgpenvelope processed message
>
> On Tuesday 18 June 2002 01:55 pm, Klemm did speak unto the huddled masses,
> saying:
>
> > Is there a mail client that would be able to handle several profiles
> > (identities) without logging off from the whole system.
> > Something Outlook or OutlookExpress style, where the identity is easily
> > changed. (a logon window asking witch users mails to open)
>
> kmail, mozilla, and i am told (but have never used) evolution.

Are we talking about multiple users or multiple email accounts here? If
it's the first, (multiple users) then I would strong recommend that you
create a login on the system for each user. If, on the other hand you're
the only user with multiple email accounts that you want to access with
only a single email client, then of course you can use Kmail, Mozilla,
Evolution, (which by the way will satisfy your requirement for "look like
Outlook and/or Outlook Express). All three are fine email clients and all
very functional.

Both Kmail and Evolution as well as one I just remembered, Sylpheed, have
integrated GnuPG support where as Mozilla doesn't. Sylpheed is very
lightweight and feature rich. If you're looking for lots of functionality,
great speed, and rock solid performance Sylpheed is your client. If you
don't mind the client being a bit sluggish, even on a fast machine,
Evolution makes an excellent email client. It has a wonderful orginaizer
feature as well as calander and date book functionality, AND will
integrate with your PDA via Jpilot.

Kmail is functional, fast, and configurable as long what you're looking
for is the basics and what is most needed in an email client.

I know...choices...choices... but its ALL good!

--
daRmaTTeR

R L U: #186492
When ever people annoy me I remember, "Vengence is mine saith the Lord."
My prayer is, "...here am I Lord...send me!"