> > I'd have to argue on the point of intuitive. I just spent 2 minutes
> > trying to paste text from one email to another. It showed in my little
> > clip board in the bottom right but I couldn't paste it using CTRL+V or
> > the paste command in the edit menu. I could however paste it in KEdit.
> > Weird.
> >
> Why is Ctl-V intuitive? Just because that is how Windows does it does not make
> it 'intuitive'

It's not the keyboard commands that are intuitive. Its the fact that I
can go to the edit menu and choose COPY in one application and go to
another application and choose PASTE from the edit menu.

I have better things to do with my time than figure out why I can't cut
and paste. You can try to tell me I'm doing it wrong because I'm
ignorant if you'd like. I was however able to cut from Evolution and
paste to KEdit using both the CTRL keys and the Edit menu commands. So
was I doing it wrong or was the OS or combination of programs not
intuitive enough to understand I wanted to cut and paste by using the
provided commands / keyboard shortcuts?

I don't want linux to work like windows. I wasn't using CTRL+V because
that is what I use in Windows. I was using CTRL+V because that is what I
use in Windows *AND* that is what it shows as a short-cut on the Edit
menu in my *linux* software. I don't mind using different methods of
completing tasks but if the commands are there I want them to work! If
there is going to be a 'clipboard' I want it to work. In most cases I
can retype faster than figuring out why I can't cut and paste.

I'll be sure to mark your message important and try it, thanks for the
tip. I do like it when my wheel is taken advantage of.