On Fri 14 Jun 2002 23:03, D. Olson wrote:
> Whiles we're bitching about copy and paste, let me throw my anger in here
> too.
>

> Stupid Klipper doesn't work as expected all the time. Why is it that
> sometimes it doesn't pick up what I selected? And why is it that sometimes
> I select something, and it picks it up, yet in order to paste it, I HAVE to
> go into the klipper menu and click it to get the checkmark beside it?
>

> That's inconsistent to me.
>

> And I like CTRL+V as much as the next guy.
>

> ONE clipboard would be sufficient, and one thing at a time, I think.

Well actually part of the problem is quiet often that there are some non
KDE-native apps that run perfectly well (as if they're native) but just don't
collaborate as well.
The solution (to a narrow mind) would be to make KDE the 'one and only'
desktop and force all the others to comply or die!
Now that reminds me of some other OS doesn't it?

Part of freedom of choice is to be aware what the choice is. Making it all the
harder though!

Using the 'middle mouse button' as a substitute when <CTRL> <C> &<V> doesn't
work, just means you're using 'gpm' i.e. not using X. It works though!
Hèhèhèh! Long live the commandline >:o)

Have fun,

Harm (and as always don't get in my way:o) )