On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:11:58 +0200, Baka Attila Tamás <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've been fooling around with Conectiva linux for some days. I had a few
> problems that made me turn back to mandrake again (gcc won't work, nvidia
> doesn't recognize my kernel, can't install mplayer or openoffice) as I need
> a working OS.
>
> What I really loved about Conectiva is that With like 2 commands it upgraded
> the whole system to kde3.0.1 with all dependencies. I also read that
> Mandrake is apt-rpm compatible.
>
> My question is:
>
> Does it really work?
> Are the Mandrake mirrors compatible to apt?
> Why didn't I hear about this earlier?

Mandrake doesn't officially support apt, but it does work. I think you can get
it in the Contribs directory of Mandrake mirrors.

Mandrake has it's own alternative to apt, called urpm. You can find more by
typing 'man urpmi' at a terminal prompt.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

                "I'll bet you $5 USD (and these days,
        that's about a gadzillion Euros) that this explains it."
                        -- Linus Torvalds