>Yes you can use apt-get, but it is dangerous without the thorough
>discipline of the Debian package preparation.
>

>You can also use urpmi to much the same effect
>
>like put all the packages in one place on the web (who cares if the rpms
>are apt-get capable) do a urpmi.addmedia to generate a depslist from it,
>and
>
>urpmi kde3
>
>If anything else is needed, it will be called in from all the resources
>you have defined(installation CDs or sites are part of that).  qt3 and
>others will be automatically added as the dependencies are recognized.
>
>Civileme
>
>urpmi was not written to be a Mandrake exclusive, but we seem to be the
>only distro using it as yet.
>
>and yes there is rpm-get in the Mandrake distro to pull Debian packages.

I do not want to use debian packages with apt! In conectiva, I got rpm
packages with apt-get, that is what i want to achieve here. I'll read
through urpmi's man first though... but the apt version of Conectiva seemed
way more useful than urpmi or mandrake-update. Maybe I just need to go
through it more carefully...

BAT

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.