hackhound ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
[...]

> Starting HAL daemon: + daemon --check haldaemon hald
> + local gotbase= force= nicelevel corelimit
> + local pid base= user= nice= bg= pid_file=
> + nicelevel=0
> + '[' --check '!=' -check ']'
> + case $1 in
> + base=haldaemon
> + gotbase=yes
> + shift 2
> + '[' hald '!=' hald ']'
> + '[' -z yes ']'
> + __pids_var_run haldaemon ''
> + local base=haldaemon
> + local pid_file=/var/run/haldaemon.pid
> + pid=
> + '[' -f /var/run/haldaemon.pid ']'
> + local line p
> + read line
> + for p in '$line'
> + '[' -z '' -a -d /proc/16689 ']'
> + '[' -n '' ']'
> + return 1

Here is part of the problem, It fails to start the service as this
call to daemon() function, which in turn calls another function
__pids_var_run() and Fails here, The /var/run/haldaemon.pid exists
but may be empty ... and if so, why ? sorry I can't help much more
without reading on how Hal works ... maybe tomorrow.

[...]

> + return 1
> + RETVAL=1
> + echo

> + exit 1
> + exit 1
>
> I tried restarting messagebus, but haldaemon still fails.
>
> JB
So maybe we can try google and find an answer unless someone jumps in
=)  could also try the expert list ...
--
RickS
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no