On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Tom Bednarchuk wrote:

> Trying to get this up and running with the accelerated drivers for
> Rage Fury Pro but documentation is spotty for a newbie like me. I've
> got ATI-4.2.0-9.i386.tar.gz and the drm-kernel-1.2.0 but now what ? I
> can figure out how to install the drivers but this drm-kernel has
> stumped me so far. Probably trying to make it harder than it is. I've
> already installed X 4.2.0 (see list earlier this week).
>
> Any help is appreciated.

As you've installed XF86-4.2.0 you should have the source tree present on
your machine?  If so then you need to cd to:

/some-absolute-root/XFree86-4.2.0/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel

Then

$ make -f Makefile.linux

$ cp ati.o  /lib/modules/$version/kernel/drivers/char/drm

(replace ati.o by whatever the module is)

$ depmod -a

$ Xconfigurator (or whatever you like to use to generate config file)

What distribution are you using?

-Oisin