Note that Baptists are less hierarchical than some other denominations. A given
congregation may or may not be associated with local, state, and national
associations, in any combination, and membership in a local association, for
example, doesn't confer state or national membership. Among Southern Baptists,
the state and national associations are commonly referred to as Conventions.

On April 24, 2015 4:59:01 PM CDT, Bill & Kathy Patterson
<bill_patter...@tricolour.queensu.ca> wrote:
> Actually I wasn't thinking of mapping the boundaries.  Rather I meant
> my query to relate to the detail assigned while mapping specific
> church buildings.  The denomination is already a tag (if I have my
> parlance correct), but would it be reasonable to also specify within
> which deanery and diocese (or which presbytery and synod) a church
> lies?  If so, should this be done as a tag or as a relation? And
> although the denomination is already in the information, does it add
> anything to specify the governing body such as the Presbyterian Church
> in Canada vs. the Church of Scotland or the Presbyterian Church in the
> United States.  And then there are the baptists, with the American
> Baptist churches, the Southern Baptist Convention, the General Baptist
> Ministries, the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptists, and goodness knows
> how many other groups.  Somehow the tag "Baptist" seems inadequate.

John F. Eldredge -- j...@jfeldredge.com
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive
out hate; only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.