---------------------------------
[32] Ince goes into one, again
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, November 7, 2000 by bar-knee:
As Paul Ince says: "According to some people gambling ruined our chances at Euro 2000
but I find it ridiculous to be honest. It's obviously one of the players has gone to
the papers - so not only
do we have a coward in the camp we also have a mole as well. It's cheap and pathetic
to say these things. It's sad too. Everything should stay within the squad and no-one
should break ranks. For England players to go squealing to the papers, well, it's not
exactly brave is it?"

Yes, but what the mole said is also the truth - whilst all the players protest their
innocence, etc and then say 'who us' it hardly needed the mole to break the story
anyway, as the press corp for Euro 2000 quite clearly (and SKY got TV shots) of Owen,
Shearer and Keegan playing cards and not leaving the team bus when they arrived in
Belgium.

---------------------------------
[31] Utd aim to beat the elements
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, November 7, 2000 by bar-knee:
For United have covered the Old Trafford pitch to protect it from all the shite
weather we've had this past week or so. The covers will be taken off tonight to allow
the Ukrainians to train but then go back on until our vital game.

---------------------------------
[30] More bizarre UEFA goings-on
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, November 7, 2000 by bar-knee:
UEFA have told United they can finish no higher than second place in their group -
even if we beat Kiev. Champions' League rules for separating sides which finish level
on points use a number of criteria, the first being the points each club has taken
from the
others and stuff like best toilet facilities.

If United win and rivals PSV Eindhoven or Anderlecht draw in Holland it will the
Belgians who win the group with United second. If the PSV - Anderlecht game ends in a
draw (and United win) the clubs would
each be on ten points. Anderlecht would have won seven of these from games involving
the three level sides - six at home and one in the draw at PSV. They would top United
would be second with six points, PSV third with four. And if you understand all that
you need to get out more often!

---------------------------------
[29] Antwerp on their former star Chadwick
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, November 7, 2000 by bar-knee:
Royal Antwerp secretary Paul Bistiaux said: "Luke is going to be a star - of that
I have no doubt. I knew it from the very first day he joined us.
He is so talented and skillful, he can play on either side and he never
gives the ball away. The way he rushes at defences reminds me of Ryan
Giggs - he is United's new Giggs.
I pleaded with Sir Alex to let us have an extension but it wasn't to be. We
knew he had to go back sooner or later because he was too good a player for
us"
That's honesty!

[28] Another player puts himself in Utd shop window
Posted Tuesday, November 7, 2000 by bar-knee: