That's not a very good sign. Is there metal on just the bolt or is it in the 
bottom of the pan in which you drained the oil?
It sounds like either the wrong bolt was used or it was forced in 
cross-threaded. You may have to re-thread the hole for another bolt.
Bummer!
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ze'ev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2008 3:25 PM
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Oil change disaster



I've posted this around today... maybe someone here can help.

I have an ‘84 nighthawk which I bought this season and, about to put
it into storage, was changing the oil for the first time.  The
crankcase drain bolt was very difficult to open.  After draining the
oil, I noticed that there were some metal bits on the thread of the
bolt.  It turns out that it does not fit back on – it reaches a point
of resistance and then loses it.  I have no idea whether this can be
fixed and how.  Meanwhile, I have a bike with no oil, sitting in my
parking spot.  Help if you can!
Thanks.




--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to