No dumb questions, Javier.

*(1) I don't see gasoline indicator. How do I know when I'm running out of
gas? Is there any accessory that will do the job?*

You use your trip meter and set it to zero when you fill up. Then, with your
petcock set to "on" go ahead and ride the bike until it begins to sputter.
Reach down and switch the petcock to RES (reserve) and make your way to the
nearest gas station, taking note on your trip meter how far you were able to
go before running out.

*(2) What octane gasoline should I use? *

I say go ahead and use regular unleaded and see how the bike runs.

*(3) This is the embarrassing one: how do I check the oil? is there any kind
of system like in the cars to check level, color, etc.?*

I will let one of the 750 owners give you specifics here.

*(4) What kind of oil should I use?*

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! (Just kidding! That question has started many a flame
war.) Opinions are wide and varied on this one. Some say stick with Honda
motorcycle oil and you can't go wrong. I'm sure they're right. Others have
their favorites. Personally I use a full synthetic oil, (Shell Rotella-T)
but not everyone likes that stuff. Do a search of past discussions on our
Googlegroup website and you'll get some good info.

Ride safe!

Paul

 <http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers>
Paul LeBoutillier
Nighthawk Lovers Email Group Admin



On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 7:21 PM, Javier Garcia <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
> these are probably stupid questions, but since I'm new in this business, I
> prefer to ask first. As many of you already know, I just bought a 1996 NH
> 750. The odometer shows 1688 miles on it. My questions are:
>
> (1) I don't see gasoline indicator. How do I know when I'm running out of
> gas? Is there any accessory that will do the job?
> (2) What octane gasoline should I use?
> (3) This is the embarrassing one: how do I check the oil? is there any kind
> of system like in the cars to check level, color, etc.?
> (4) What kind of oil should I use?
>
> Thanks,
> Javier.
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to