Hi Javier - good questions from a man who intends to care for his bike.
The last generation of Nighthawks (1992 - 2003 750's)  don't have gas  
gauges.  Just peek inside the tank now and then and pretty soon  
you'll know how often to fill up or, use your trip meter.  Others  
would remember better than I how many miles you get out of a full  
tank. I just automatically check before I go out on any kind of ride  
longer than around the block.
87  octane is okay  to use (regular)
The dipstick is on the right side of the motor just above the brake  
pedal. You have to hold the bike level with one hand while you check  
the dipstick with the other - unless you have a main center stand as  
I do and then you don't have to balance the bike at the same time.
Oil.  I use any of the 4 Japanese brand name (Honda, Kawasaki,  
Yamaha, Suzuki) motorcycle oils depending on which is the cheapest.   
In our area  of late it's been Kawasaki oil. It's 10 - 40 w.  
synthetic for motorcycles.
Some use Purple Royal or Amsoil,  Shell Rotella T as Paul uses. There  
is a lot of discussion as to what is best.  I read one article that  
said motorcycle oils were no different than any good synthetic oil  
like Castrol full synthetic. Regularly changing your oil and filter  
is more important. As Dennis has said, our Nighthawks need good oil  
care maintenance.  Did you say that Dennis? I know you meant it, Graham


On Mar 16, 2009, at 9:21 PM, Javier Garcia wrote:

> Hi,
> these are probably stupid questions, but since I'm new in this  
> business, I prefer to ask first. As many of you already know, I  
> just bought a 1996 NH 750. The odometer shows 1688 miles on it. My  
> questions are:
>
> (1) I don't see gasoline indicator. How do I know when I'm running  
> out of gas? Is there any accessory that will do the job?
> (2) What octane gasoline should I use?
> (3) This is the embarrassing one: how do I check the oil? is there  
> any kind of system like in the cars to check level, color, etc.?
> (4) What kind of oil should I use?
>
> Thanks,
> Javier.
>
> >


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to