Paul, Graham and Mhillard,

thanks for the answers. I see know that what I really need is the onwer's
manual. It did not came with the bike (I did check under the seat). So I
will look on ebay to buy one, but if anyone here wants to sell an extra copy
please let me know.

Now with respect to the oil, please do not fight! just post your favorite
brand and I will decide later... if there are too many contributions we can
do a sort of statistics and such....

With respect to the octane, perhaps the right question is: would high octane
gasoline be hazardous for the bike? the thing is that I normally tend to use
high octane. By experience its been always a good choice for me. For
example, my first car ever was a 1978 VW Beetle. When I asked the same
question most people told me high-octane gasoline in an old engine could
raise its temperature above the normal values. My mechanic actually convince
me that was not true, since that engine was in good condition. I can tell
you I would feel a tremendous difference between 87 and 95 octanes... the
former would reduce the power of the engine by at least 10%, the later
always felt right. In any case, for the important in not to choose something
that can damage the bike... otherwise I can try different oils/octanes until
I find the one for me.

Thank you again guys,
Javier

P.S. as an update, today I finally shifted from 1st to 2nd gears!! the
parking lot is still my driving universe, but it is ig enough for now...


On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:25 PM, mhillard <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> Hey Javier,...
>
>
> Just a thought, but did the guy you bought the bike from show you
> where the owners manual is stored (hint- it's under the seat, assuming
> it's still there)?  Your questions are not "dumb", but you may want to
> review the manual because it will answer some of these, and a bunch of
> others you haven't thought to ask yet.
>
> There is an oil dipstick (similar to car, but shorter) on the lower
> right of the engine, just above the rear brake lever.  It unscrews to
> check the oil.
>
> Keep the questions coming!
>
> - MHillard
>
>
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to