Guys, I'll try to comment to all your e-mails. Few points:

- The melted part is INSIDE, the plastic region where the sockets are
attached, NOT THE SCREEN. So for some reason the plastic AROUND the socket
got melted. Neither the bulge nor the socket show residuals of the black
plastic, then I'm not sure if those were during the burning.

- Both car and motorcycles Maryland inspections are $65. I'm sure the
motorcycle inspection is probably the same as in those places where they
change you
$15.

- They DID NOT took the tail light out. Actually, this morning the guy calls
me to tell me the bike is fine and pass the inspection. 10 min after he
calls back and says "bad news...". The thing is, THE LIGHT WORKS, the red
screen is perfect, but if you take the seat out, you can see inside where
the socks are. There you can see one is not attached where should be because
all the plastic around is melted.

- I saw that item on ebay. I just would like to find the part during the
weekend so I can finish the inspection. Unfortunately I haven't found
anything else... I was hoping to find a junk yard in this area....

Thanks a lot for your comments.
Javier