Yes, sorry, I was supposed to write my review but I've been busy. As Allen said, we installed the progressive shocks, model 412. We did not installed the fork springs yet. My first impression about the shocks is that they felt different since the moment I laid my but on the bike. I tried a very quick run on the 3 setting, but it felt kind of hard, so I lower it to #2. The up and down bouncing is gone. I believe the shocks absorb very well must of the road imperfections unless we are talking about a very big pot hole or similar. I haven't ride for more than 20 min yet, so I can give much more feedback. I will wait for a week to give my final review on them, but so far I am quite happy. I am pretty sure I won't regret this acquisition. I will have to ride much longer to really test if they are capable to extend the comfort time. Maybe I'll do that next weekend.
I rather not answer yet the implicit question of whether these shocks are worth their value, but for now, they are definitively superior quality compared to the OEM. Javier. On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Allen <[email protected]> wrote: > An update, Javier put the new shocks on Friday afternoon, I rode the > bike and the progressive shocks are stiffer than stock, also the > dampening is less harsh at a higher pre-load settings. > > On Jun 10, 10:37 pm, "the Bargers" <[email protected]> wrote: > > Javier, > > > > How much did those bad boys set you back? Eager to hear how they > perform. My rear shocks have similar issues, particularly when riding over > uneven or patched up street pavement. They don't dampen very well. Odd how > Honda tried to control costs on the more recent NHs. Barge > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> > . > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en. > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
