Speaking from the 30 Inch Inseam crowd (I'm also 5'6") I can attest it
isn't just the seat height - its the angle that your legs kick out
from the seat to the ground that determines the ability to flat foot.
My Dad's HD SuperGlide (Talk about a 'monster' when you get
off a 450 onto a 1450!) actually had a seat that was two inches HIGHER
than my 450, but I could flat foot it because it was so narrow.
Ironically, I can't flatfoot my NH 450, without the right boots.
Just some thoughts!
-Joey
On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 8:27 AM, zgotts <[email protected]> wrote:
> Yes, it will feel like a monster at first and probably for the first
> 1000 miles. Just keep at it. Soon it will be completely natural.
>
> As far as bikes like it, well... that's why I got this bike, there
> just aren't many similar bikes anymore. Suzuki GS500 might be a good
> one. If you can't get your feet flat on the ground, I would go to more
> of a cruiser style - a used Honda Shadow is real easy to find.
> Otherwise you could alter the suspension to get the bike lower, which
> would be a huge pain.
>
> But... I don't believe the seat height between a 250 and a 750 is that
> huge (according to hondanighthawks.net, its a 1.5" difference.) I'd
> wait it out to try a nighthawk. Travel some distance if you have to.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
>
--
-Joey Kelley
JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online
JoeyFixesComputers.com - Its What I Do!
JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.