I transitioned from a Honda CM450A to the NH750. At first, the bike
felt large and heavy but you get used to it quickly. I'm short, about
5'5", with a 28" inseam and am able to get my feet down halfway
between flat and on my toes. The only issue I have is at very slow
speed sharp turns, as into a parking lot aisle, or U-turning on a
narrow street. I try to plan my moves to avoid this kind of manuver,
and when that's not possible, I walk the bike slowly through on my
toes.  It's not ideal, but I have yet to find another bike as
comfortable in every other situation.

There are few new bikes with seating similar to the NH750. The Triumph
Bonneville has it as does the Suzuki SV650 standard (not the S
model.)  As for older bikes, any Japanese 4-cylinder standard from the
1980s will be close, but you really should sit on the real thing.

My bike has the standard seat. I tried the Corbin Gunfighter and Lady
but found that while it's lower, it's also wider, so no gain toward
flatfooting. It's also hard and mine needed modification to fit the
standard seat latch. I sent it back.

Cruisers have lower seat heights but the ergonomics are very
different. Your feet extend forward, putting pressure on your
tailbone, while the NH offers chair-type natural seating. When I've
riden a cruiser, I found it uncomfortable after a few miles.

You're going to discover a new world of performance when you switch
from a 250 to a 750. Keeping up on a highway will be a breeze and
you'll love the ability to get out of a bad situation with a half-inch
twist of your wrist.  Just take it easy until you can handle that
extra power appropriately.

Ride safe.

Jay S
92 NH750
South Florida

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to