Well, it seems that you were all correct in that the rear lights are
not supposed to act as running lights. I opened the turn signal
switch, which was new right before this last deployment, and tested it
for continuity. So far I have continuity(0 ohms) when checking the
right side with the switch in that position. I get about 14 ohms when
checking the continuity of the left hand side wires with the switch in
the left hand position. To perform these test I disconnected the
switch from the rest of the wiring harness at the connector for it and
tested continuity there. I am going to open up the switch and see if I
can see where the wire for the back turn signal is getting power from
the main power line running into the switch assembly. By my reasoning
if the left one is staying lit when it is not supposed to then the
wire that supplies power to it as a turn signal must be getting power
when it is not supposed to and since the switch is showing bad
continuity, if I am testing right, then there is something in the
switch that is allowing power to go from the power wire for the two
fron lights to the left rear. Hopefully, this turns out to be what the
issue is and if so I owe you all a debt of gratitude for pointing out
to me that the rear turn signals are not supposed to act as running
lights. Just irritated because this switch was new when I installed it
and it came with it's own wiring harness and connector, which would
mean that the manufacturer screwed it up.