It's very similar to water (looks and consistency), and comes in a one
gallon jug. You just pour it into a pan or bucket (I use an empty
yellow cat litter pale, that has a lid for it, so it doesn't evaporate
while sitting), and then place your rusted part into the liquid. If
you were using it on a gas tank (I haven't done this yet, but am going
to in the near future), you would pour it directly into the (sealed)
tank, and just let it sit in there for a day or two. The liquid
discolors as more rust is disolved into it, but seems to work just the
same (or so it seems). This stuff is not suppose to hurt paint in any
way (so the sales guy says, and shows), but I haven't tested that part
of their claim on my parts yet.

Hope this helps! Joe




On Apr 13, 7:01 pm, Graham Rogers <[email protected]> wrote:
> Joe,  is Evapo Rust a liner or something like naval gel you paint on?
>
> On Apr 13, 2011, at 5:10 PM, MOPARJOE wrote:
>
>
>
> > I have used both, and they do "eat" the rust. I've recently used
> > "Evapo-Rust" on four separate 700-S fuel sending units, all of which
> > didn't work and were rusty (one was so rusty it had pieces of metal
> > missing from parts of the shield).
>
> > 3 cleaned up in 24 hours, and rusty one was done in 2 days. ALL 4 of
> > them are rust free, and work perfectly now!!
>
> > On Apr 12, 11:35 pm, surfswab <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> I've not heard of that particular brand, but I have heard of good
> >> experience removing light rust with Evapo-Rust, and it's available in
> >> most chain auto parts stores.  It's a one-step treatment also.
>
> > --  
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google  
> > Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to  
> > [email protected].
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nighthawk_lovers
> > [email protected].
> > For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/
> > group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to