1992 CB750 Nighthawk, want to remove the rust in the gas tank.
Ok, I looked around locally and the only things I could find were the 3-step
Kleen rust removal and tank liner kit, and the Evapo-Rust 8oz and 1gal bottles.
Reading through various threads on this, it sounds like the Kleen process takes
longer, is more steps, and could later result in the liner flaking off and
clogging up the fuel screens.
So, I think I'll try the Evapo-Rust option. I can get a 1 gallon bottle for
about $30 at the stores here.
My question for those who have done this: is 1 gallon enough? Or should I get
4 gallons and fill the tank? I'm worried that 1 gallon won't be enough to cover
all the areas in the tank (even if I change tank positions).
If 4 gallons is better, that's about $120, which is high. Apparently this stuff
can be reused. I'm in the Bay area in California, I'm curious if anyone on this
list would want to take the Evapo-Rust I use (after i filter out the rust
flakes) and use what I have on their tank. If so, email me direct.
I've put in 1/2 of a can of Sea Foam, which I've read might loosen up the junk
in the gas tank and help out the rust removal liquids. Planning on using the
other 1/2 can before I do the rust treatment.
Thanks!
+Lie
On 11-04-13 14:10, MOPARJOE wrote:
I have used both, and they do "eat" the rust. I've recently used
"Evapo-Rust" on four separate 700-S fuel sending units, all of which
didn't work and were rusty (one was so rusty it had pieces of metal
missing from parts of the shield).
3 cleaned up in 24 hours, and rusty one was done in 2 days. ALL 4 of
them are rust free, and work perfectly now!!
On Apr 12, 11:35 pm, surfswab<[email protected]> wrote:
I've not heard of that particular brand, but I have heard of good
experience removing light rust with Evapo-Rust, and it's available in
most chain auto parts stores. It's a one-step treatment also.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk
Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.