One thing no one mentioned that I would suggest is rain boots to go with that 
rain suit,unless you're wearing riding boots?
I went from Phoenix to Seattle on a Honda 160, no windshield, just a face 
shield on my helmet.  I would travel about 350 mi/day.  No problems with 
tanking up the route I took.  Through Idaho & Montana, and then through Spokane 
x state to Seattle, where I landed a job with Boeing back when they were 
tooling up for the 747.  
It was a fun trip despite the cold up in the mountains across the western end 
of Montana, which was beautiful.  
BTW my 160 would cruise at around 80 - no problem.
I didn't hit rain.  You may not experience any on your trip.  It doesn't rain 
too often out there.  I suggested the boots in case. Wet feet in dry wind get 
rather cold.  
Best of fortune be with you.

Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless™

-----Original message-----
From: MJB_LBC <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sat, May 26, 2012 05:46:30 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Long Beach, CA to San Antonio, TX!!

Thanks Kyle! I know El Paso to San Antonio is going to be the "tough" part 
of this trip. On on of my driving trips through that stretch, I had a break 
down near Ozona, TX in my 528 BMW. I had to walk about a mile before I got 
a signal for my cell phone. Called BMW service and they sent a truck from 
North of San Antonio to tow the car to the nearest BMW dealer. Of course 
that was in Odessa. Took 2 days for the part to come in. Hopefully, if 
anything major happens, they will be able to get Honda parts in quicker 
than that! This area also had some of the biggest bugs I have ever seen!

On Thursday, May 24, 2012 1:03:37 PM UTC-7, Kyle Munz wrote:
>
> I haven't done it by bike, but I'd driven I-10 between Houston and LA a 
> few times. LA to Phoenix is mostly traffic. After Phoenix and Tucson it's 
> mostly empty desert. Usually a lot of high winds and 18 wheelers. By bike 
> I'd take as many alternative highways as possible. New Mexico begins to get 
> sparse and after El Paso it get's REALLY sparse until you hit San Antonio, 
> so stop for gas at every single station. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to 
> carry a small gas can if you are able. Also, in El Paso there's a mandatory 
> immigration inspection on I-10, so be prepared for that. Nothing big, they 
> just ask if you're a US citizen. I usually answer "¡Claro que sí!" and move 
> along. About an hour west of San Antonio you'll get into the hill country,

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to