Don't stress the rpms too much.  The Honda powerplant can handle 10k
momentarily in stock trim, and anything under 7000 is fine forever, just keep
your oil changed, and keep your fuel filter maintained... These engines are
pretty lean in stock trim... Starving the carbs is a killer.

Sent from my LG phone