Unlike cars and some other bikes (Harleys, for instance) most Japanese
bikes depend more on rpms than torque for power.

So what you are describing as "stress" is just the engine being busier
at producing its power.  Peak power production is up there in what I
call nosebleed territory, near the red line.

V-twins by contrast, rely more on torque, so useful power production
tends to be in the lower end of the rev range and makes for a less
"stressful" ride.   That's why most cruisers are mellow sounding and
crotch rockets sound like angry bees.

Different strokes for different folks.  Just takes some getting used
to.