LOL, that would be my selling price not my buying price! Unless of course I
was buying a keeper for myself. I don't think Graham pays more than $500
for anything, and that would be what I would look for. Bikes that need a
good bit of work that I can make $500-$1000 profit off of once I'm done
restoring them. I'm thinking GL1000/1100, GS series, and if I can get a
good deal on a KZ900, or CB series. I want to try and limit what I get into
since I don't want to end up collecting a bunch of parts bikes and special
tools.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Joey Kelley <[email protected]> wrote:

> You know I know of an excellent condition Suzuki GS-1000 For Sale... I can
> tell you the guy is really nice and in my opinion - quite handsome.
> http://maine.craigslist.org/mcy/3642433592.html
>           :-)
>          -Joey
>
>
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Allen Thomas <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>> Well I actually want to take a page from Graham's book. I'm seriously
>> thinking of opening a buisness like an LLC, for vintage bike restoration.
>> That way I can write off the garage space, get better prices on parts, and
>> try to make it into a hobby that will buy me tools, and hopefully pay for
>> it's self. If I can get good at TIG welding, then maybe i'll get into doing
>> custom headers, or roll cages. I'd like to eventually have a skill that
>> could earn me some extra cash when I get to retirement age, preferably
>> doing something I enjoy anyway. So this would be more for groundwork for
>> down the road, I don't expect that I could replace my salary working for
>> myself doing anything. I'm thinking as far as bikes to fix up and sell, I
>> might try to focus on Suzuki GS series, I really like their availability,
>> parts interchange, and low cost. I probably will go the nighthawk route at
>> some point, because I like them, and for most of the same reasons, though
>> the 90's 750 tend to command more of a premium, so less of a potential
>> margin. The car goes when I do..
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Joey Kelley <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> If you're trying to catch Graham in numbers - I'd suggest parking the
>>> car outside and letting the remaining space be devoted to more motorcycles
>>> :-)
>>>             -Joey
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Allen Thomas <[email protected]>wrote:
>>>
>>>> Well my offer is still open. Mail parts to me and I'll install them for
>>>> you. BTW I put down the first payment schedule for the new garage! It
>>>> should be done by April-May timeframe. Attached is a floor plan.
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Javier Garcia <[email protected]>wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I feel like if I make my NH more enjoyable to ride from what it is I
>>>>> will end upside down :)... I think I will try to fix the cbr first, and
>>>>> then the NH.
>>>>> Javier.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 7:17 AM, Allen Thomas 
>>>>> <[email protected]>wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> My old 92 would cool off in cold weather to the point that I'd have
>>>>>> to keep it above 4K or run at half choke when I got it. Once it got two
>>>>>> thorough carb cleanings (the 2nd time even better), it was still slow to
>>>>>> warm up, and had the 4-5K flat spot that so many people complain about.
>>>>>> Doing the carbs greatly improved the smoothness and rideability, as well 
>>>>>> as
>>>>>> warm up behavior. She just felt like the engine was "free" and more 
>>>>>> lively.
>>>>>> Even now when I ride Javier's bike I can feel that he needs the larger 
>>>>>> main
>>>>>> jets. BTW Javier, buy them and I'll install for free, LOL!
>>>>>> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
>>>>>> ------------------------------
>>>>>>  *From: *Graham Rogers <[email protected]>
>>>>>> *Sender: *[email protected]
>>>>>> *Date: *Mon, 25 Feb 2013 22:10:24 -0500
>>>>>> *To: *<[email protected]>
>>>>>> *ReplyTo: *[email protected]
>>>>>> *Subject: *Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] New Member--Larry in SC
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Not necessarily Larry.  Your bike generally speaking takes a while to
>>>>>> warm up.  I have a 2002 750 Nighthawk.  It takes a long time and I 
>>>>>> usually
>>>>>> have to leave the choke on for a couple of miles.  I  cleaned and synched
>>>>>> the carbs on it last summer. On the other hand my 1991 750 Nighthawk 
>>>>>> starts
>>>>>> up without the choke, needs very little warm up and the carbs have not 
>>>>>> been
>>>>>> cleaned in many years.  The question is does it idle smoothly when warmed
>>>>>> up, any hesitation in acceleration after it's warmed up, any flat or dead
>>>>>> spots, bogging down, missing.  Warm up time I don't think is an 
>>>>>> indication
>>>>>> of whether the carbs need cleaning or not,  Graham
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  On Feb 25, 2013, at 9:32 PM, [email protected] wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks, Allen.  She's all stock and I love the Tahitian Blue...it
>>>>>> matches my helmet nicely.  I can't imagine needing more power than the 
>>>>>> bike
>>>>>> already has, but I rarely ride 2-up and I've never done any touring.  
>>>>>> This
>>>>>> winter, I replaced the front tire, rebuilt the front forks and put on new
>>>>>> brake pads.  Rear tire will be replaced in a couple hundred miles.  I
>>>>>> bought Avon RoadRiders--had them on my GPz and loved them.  I need to 
>>>>>> clean
>>>>>> the carbs some weekend.  They take a while to warm up, so I'm guessing
>>>>>> they're a little dirty in there.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Larry in SC
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:09:03 AM UTC-5, Allen wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Welcome aboard! The Tahitian Blue is the best color IMHO. Post up
>>>>>>> some pics, most of us are suffering from stored bike syndrome so we'd 
>>>>>>> love
>>>>>>> to check out you ride. Has it had any mods done? You lucked out with 
>>>>>>> such a
>>>>>>> low mileage version in a rare color. These are super reliable bikes, a
>>>>>>> couple of list members have over 100K, so if you maintain her she will 
>>>>>>> last
>>>>>>> for many years to come. Most bikes benefit from a jetting kit, or at 
>>>>>>> least
>>>>>>> the washer mod, and 3 turns out on the fuel screws. Popular upgrades are
>>>>>>> fork springs, stainless front brake line, and a 16 tooth front sprocket.
>>>>>>> Uni air filters are popular too. Other than that it is a solid design, 
>>>>>>> and
>>>>>>> very versatile.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>>>>>> send an email to [email protected].
>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to
>>>>>> [email protected].
>>>>>> Visit this group at
>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  --
>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>>>>>> send an email to [email protected].
>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to
>>>>>> [email protected].
>>>>>> Visit this group at
>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>>>>>> send an email to [email protected].
>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to
>>>>>> [email protected].
>>>>>> Visit this group at
>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>>>> an email to [email protected].
>>>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
>>>>> .
>>>>> Visit this group at
>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>>> an email to [email protected].
>>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>>> Visit this group at
>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> -Joey Kelley
>>> JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online
>>> JoeyFixesComputers.com - Its What I Do!
>>> JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to [email protected].
>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>> Visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to [email protected].
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> -Joey Kelley
> JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online
> JoeyFixesComputers.com - Its What I Do!
> JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to