I'm posting this because I've gone through the list of threads, and I 
didn't see one that quite matched my situation.  So here goes:  after ten + 
years of sparse riding, and with 19k miles on the bike, I want to do some 
carb cleaning.  I've never touched them, and the bike has sat an awful lot 
over the past decade.  I live in Maine, so there's lots of condensation, 
temperature variation, etc.  The bike runs good, but not great (it seems to 
me it takes a little too much choke to get it going), though I'm no expert. 
 Gas mileage about 55 per gallon.  How much work should I do?  And will it 
require taking the entire carb assembly off?  I've got a Clymer manual, and 
am a decent diy'er.  And thus far, I've been totally amazed at how 
knowledgeable people here are, so I'd like to avoid major mistakes and 
learn some good techniques.  All suggestions/observations and advice 
happily welcomed!


CN 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to