On this fiche, it's part number "3". I pulled that cover today and tried to pry
the gasket/o ring off (at what point does a gasket become an oring and vice
versa?) I didn't want to damage the thing as my new one hasn't arrived yet but
I did clean up where the ring contacts. There looks to be a little bit of
pitting around the aluminum where the o ring sits against the case. Btw, it's
crazy how sharp those edges are inside of there. Holy cannoli. Anyway, I'm
really hoping a new gasket clear this up. I swear, every time I plug a
leak/seep/weep up, within a week something else starts l/s/weeping. It's
insane. I don't mind too much though. If I didn't get to fix broken things I'd
probably be breaking working things so this works. If the seal isn't the issue,
what could be happening here? Again, on that cover there is a little hole on
the bottom that looks machined into the case. Some kind of breather or
something.

1 more thing. This is the longest I've been without changing my oil since I
bought the bike (about 1500 miles). My oil smells like exhaust gas/ the stuff
that comes out of the puke tube. I thought I may have gas in my oil but other
than a small carb leak I just cleared up with a new float bowl gasket I have no
other symptoms.  Maybe I'll mix some gas with some oil and see if the smell I'm
getting is such. My oil doesn't smell like gas. But it doesn't smell like new
oil. Probably nothing but I'm anal about old Abby.