I would recommend that you do NOT install an inline filter.  There is
little room for one and it can cause your fuel line to pinch, potentially
causing the bike to die at highway speeds. Or at least that is what it did
to me, the OEM line is moulded to prevent this. I use Emgo and HiFlo oil
filters and have never seen evidence of them deteriorating. I run a 16T on
my Suzuki but think a 17T would be too much, however the consensus with the
highway riders the tradeoff in acceleration is worth it. Front sprockets
are cheap get both and try for yourself. Always use air and blow out the
spark plug valleys before pulling plugs. Enjoy your new ride they are great
reliable, fun bikes. And welcome to the group.

Allen Thomas