Update to my previous posting:

>>Mr. Posner,
>>
>>Thanks for your reply, but at t this point I still don't know where, or
if,
>>  there is a misunderstanding.  As explained
>>before, upon submitting my order (32669360) the sales clerk ("BR")
assured
>>me repeatedly that there was
>>an additional $200 rebate upon the $1900 (USA warranty) price, and that
my
>>effective out of pocket
>>would therefore be $1700, and he would include the rebate form.  Relying
>>upon what I had
>>repeatedly been assured, I made the purchase.

Just as an update, I've been in communication with B&H, and at this point I
 believe the matter is resolved, and we
are moving on.

Bob wrote:

>>Noland, David, and any others:

>>This is the Nikon Digest.  Just because your posts have to do with
>>purchases or intended purchases of Nikon products, does not mean your
post
>>itself has anything to do with Nikon products themselves.  Please take
your
>>gripes to one of the rec.photo newsgroups or elsewhere.  In specific
regard
>>to B+H, I don't even bother to call anyone else.  I know B+H will give me
>>good price and fair service.  If a problem happens now and again, take it
>>up with them, not the rest of the list....

>>>Now, can we get back to why we all subscribed to this list?

>>>Thanks,
>>Bob

If I'm the David in question, I posted only in response to other posts, and
 since one of my own posts turned out to
be misleading, it was my obligation to post again so that no one else
misunderstood-- this was also in response to
many private emails I've received.

Can't comment on why you subscribed to this list, but the free flow of
useful information, unhindered by any one
viewpoint, is the reason I did.  The suppression of info we may not like to
 hear can't or shouldn't be stopped in a public forum.
More importantly, it's not fair to call for an end to a discussion thread,
then state your own opinion, and then call the matter
closed.  It smacks of trying to get the last word.