>i do love my nikons, but i'm quite sick of paying 50 percent in every deal
>just for their - good indeed - name. and since i am not married to nikon, i
>might once be looking for another bride.

Your point is well made. After a brief excursion into really cheap filters
(not recommended) I settled on B&W - in fact I just received 10 from B&H
today - because I find them as good as any, and less costly than some.
Unfortunately, my local dealers in the UK don't carry stock, so I use mail
order. As a side issue, I find it easier, quicker (!), and cheaper to buy
mail order from B&H than from a UK source. Strange... obviously the UK
dealers have a lot to learn.

Regards

John Bean