>On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 07:30:32 +1300 I wrote:

>>I said it before, and now I will say it again.  Put Nikon lens on
Nikon
>>cameras.

David,  You are not far from the mark.  I oversimplified my answer and did
not make my point clear.  IMHO, it is this:  Generally, it is best to
equip Nikon cameras with Nikon lens, as they are made for one another as
Canon's are made for Canon's and so on.  I believe this is necessary to
realize the optimum performance from the gear.  When one strays to an
aftermarket product anything can happen.

Sam