[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>No, it is quite possible to use a glass prism and retain a pop-up flash. I'm
>pretty sure the F70 has a glass prism, and it is only on cheap cameras that
>non-glass prisms are used.

I have heard of some with pop-up flashes that have prisms as well.

>The prevailing opinion is both that the pop-up flash will reduce the prism
>strength and weaken the camera body, and also that pro's are not likely to find
>much use for the low guide number pop-up flashes.  The new Minolta pro camera
>(9xi?) does have a pop-up flash, though.

The 9xi is Minolta's old pro model that does not have a pop up flash.  I don't
remember the new model's designation.  Anyway, even Minolta stated explicitly
that they didn't put a pop-up on the 9xi because it would compromise the
camera body's strength.  When they put one on the new pro camera, I thought that
was odd.

David Johnson