I'm not sure if a web-based forum would be the best way to organize this
list. I like it like it is because it is very convenient to have digests
mailed to me. I can read them off-line, and they are stored on my computer
if I want to look up something (I just open the mailbox in Word and search
for whatever I'm looking for - works great). If I had to be on-line to read
the list, I would miss lots of information.

I also prefer getting the digest instead of hundreds of real-time mails
every day. A re-organized real-time list should have a digest-option.

And now for something completely different:
I visited New York last week, and I decided to look for lenses in a Fifth
avenue tourist photo store (42nd street Photo, I think), just for fun. I
asked if I could try a Nikkor 24/2.8 AF-lens. First I was offered a Sigma
24/2.8-lens. I said "no, I want the Nikon lens". Then the salesman asked
somebody else to go upstairs and get the Nikon lens. While we were
"waiting" (nobody ever arrived with the lens) he offered me a cheap
wide-angle converter instead. He was very pushy, in fact to the point of
being rude. I never even saw the lens I wanted to try... Everybody should
try this once, just to learn how to identify places to avoid...
Just too bad I was to broke to buy any lenses at B&H... :-(

I hope the list, however it turns out, will continue to be as informative
as it is today. Thanks to Andrew for doing a great job. Somebody should
make a gold F5 (or F4 or F3 or FM2 or whatever) for him!

fa