> The main problem is, that we can pass objects to gtk lib, and can GET BACK
> the same object later. For example a widget in a grid container -- we create
> a widget, put it into grid container, forget it, and get it back later, maybe
> put it into another container then. That seems to be really a hard problem,
> and people will expect that this works.

Yes, we discussed this before but I never understood it. GTK has plenty of
wrappers for diverse languages including "gtkmm" which is a C++ wrapper and I'm
quite sure it uses C++ destructors. Or to put it differently: If Nim finalizers
work with it, so do Nim destructors. It's just that finalizers are attached to
the "new" call which sucks it should be attached to the type instead which is
exactly what destructors do.