> Second, what does arc in Nim mean for us mortals? Will compiling or running
> programs become faster?

Easier to debug, better latency, less memory consumption, better multi-core
support.

> Will we have to use a different mechanism to get type information now that
> typeinfo is unavailable with arc? Is this information going to be different?

Ever since we added `macros.getType` we had more efficient ways to produce
serialization code, it's not a big loss (IMHO, I never use it), there are also
third party modules that do what `marshal.nim` does, but better.

> Will we have to use new language constructs like sink and lent, whatever they
> mean?

You don't have to use them but they also improve the clarity of the code, I
don't consider them hacks to gain more speed. `lent T` means "I'm providing a
readonly view into the data I'm owning" (get, [] accessors), `sink T` means
"I'm storing the passed data permanently in a collection".

> Is this a huge change for Nim under the hood or is just yet another gc option?

It's a huge change under the hood and also "yet another gc option". For now. I
hope to make it the only "GC" that survives in the long term.