Douglass Clem wrote:
> I'm considering buying an eeePC 900, which is the model with an 8.9" screen,
> 1.6gz cpu, 16gb SSD drive and 1gb of ram.

The 900 has a 900 MHz Celeron-M clocked at 630MHz.  The 900A and 901
have the 1.6GHz Atom CPUs.  I'm not sure what's currently available but
I got a 900 (Celeron based) 3 days before the 901 was available due to
budgeting issues at work (we have to spend this *right now*)

> I've heard that the default Xandros distro on it makes it blazing
> fast, with excellent battery life.

I didn't leave the Xandros install on my Eee for very long.  It hides
too much behind its GUI.  I put the Eee version of ubuntu on it and
haven't had any complaints.