Am I the only one who has been having been having problems with his
Comcast internet?  Since June my Motorola Surfboard cable modem has
been losing its connection.  I've had 5 different tech calls to my
house, and each time they pointed fingers at my cable modem as being
defective, despite the fact that during that time I replaced it three
different times with a new ones.  It turns out it WAS the cable
modems, but the modems were not defective as they had claimed.  The
solution to the problem has been to go into the modem config at
192.168.100.1 and reset the modem back to factory defaults before
rebooting it.  That sets everything back to a working status for a
while, until I have to reset it again.  (I've had to reset it back to
factory defaults 6 times in the last 9 days.)   This worked on the
last new modem I had bought, and since returning it back to Best Buy
my old (3 year old) cable modem has worked fine after the resets.
When I look at the status in my modem,  when it has failed it is
always the "Initialize Baseline Privacy" setting which has failed.
Unfortunately, I had to be the one to figure out the solution to this
problem, and no one at Comcast seems to know anything about this.  Too
bad for Best Buy as they gave me refunds for each of the new cable
modems without complaint.  AT&T gave me a great deal on DSL service,
and I'll be cutting off my Comcast internet tomorrow.  Still I'm
curious if anyone else has had this problem, or if I am the only one
as Comcast claims...