On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 12:02, Chris McQuistion <cmcquist...@watkins.edu> wrote:
> I've got a Motorola Surfboard SB5100 that I bought in 2001 or 2002 and it
> has been rock solid.  Comcast goes down from time to time, but I haven't
> actually had equipment problems (knock on wood.)
> Chris
>
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Chris Faulkner <cfaulkne...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Or, you could rent a modem from them for a month and see if the
>> problem continues...
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 10:13 AM, xor <johnw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > FYI, here are mine:
>> >
>> > Frequency       693000000 Hz
>> > Signal to Noise Ratio   37 dB
>> > QAM     QAM256
>> > Network Access Control Object   ON
>> > Power Level     2 dBmV
>> > The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time
>> > this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new
>> > reading
>> > Upstream        Value
>> > Channel ID      8
>> > Frequency       29600000 Hz
>> > Ranging Service ID      1610
>> > Symbol Rate     5.120 Msym/s
>> > Power Level     37 dBmV

>> > --
>> >

>> --

Back in May. NO, I was not effected by the floods in my area. Comcrap
left me without service for over 2 weeks. When I called for a tech I
was told I woul have one in 3 days. One did not show up for 4-5 dyas.
I had already cancelled my service and returned their equipment. The
first time the tech came out to fix my cable. They gave me the wrong
modem, I needed DOCSIS3, they adjusted my line and blew out the rest
of my aprtment building. Which BTW they hada tech out to fix their
lines the next day, BUT they blew out my cable again.. These guys are
a joke. Through and through.

gk

Remember it's not that we have something to hide, we just have nothing
we want to show.
---Keep tunnelling.