Hi Leonid,
First of all thanks for your response saying half-life has no useful meaning
for a drug with non-linear PK (clearance and/or volume, plasma protein binding,
etc).
Half-life is a useful parameter for some simple cases but when the question
about the time course of drug effect then half-life has little value. Add in
non-linear PK to the non-linear PD and then delayed concentration-effect makes
it even harder.
A simulation (a picture is worth a thousand words) can show the complexity and
also give a 'feeling' for the answer to the question. Pseudo-solutions like the
'context sensitive half-life' should be avoided because half-life only has a
scientifically useful meaning for first-order processes that can be visualised
as exponential curves.
Life is more than PK -- its PKPD is when it gets interesting (and complicated).
Best wishes,
Nick

--
Nick Holford, Professor Clinical Pharmacology
Dept Pharmacology & Clinical Pharmacology, Bldg 503 Room 302A