Lance, that is awesome.

I work for a telecommunications company developing custom financial
tools for strictly internal use.  I just finished up a three three
project creating an application that was run in production a grand
total of....   one time!  and will never be used again.  Of course, it
would have taken several thousand man hours to do the project using
reusable tools like spreadsheets, so I am quite familiar with the type
of scripts you describe.

And. it just so happens that my first choice toolset is ruby and
sqlite.  We are practically cousins.  I would love to take a look at
anything you have figured out.  I took a quick peek at a MW file a few
weeks ago, and decided the table structure was complex eneugh that I
would not be able to really dig in until after tax time was over.

Anything you have is greatly appreciated.

If you don't want to post anything on the forums here, you can send it
to me by email at...

i3w at mac dot com

I will share anything I do back with anyone who is interested.