First of all I would like to quote an article I read on the official blog
of node.js: "Listening to the Community
<http://blog.nodejs.org/2014/12/05/listening-to-the-community/>", after
reading this I decided to write this.

In these last days appeared a fork of nodejs called iojs, which looked very
serious to bring the project to another course, when I saw this I was
stunned, because this would open the possibility that the community behind
nodejs eventually split into two.

Apparently iojs was born due to complaints from some contributors about the
way in which the project is being handled (this includes the lack of new
contributors and releases, because the project isn't truly community-driven)

Given all this, the questions I ask myself are:

why joyent not decides to put nodejs in a foundation with open governance?

why not make everyone happy?

why not move nodejs with one solid effort from the community?

IMHO split the community in two is the worst that could happen to nodejs
(and all javascript developers).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/42d69422-779e-4955-a736-4e13901d9c7e%40googlegroups.com.