I wouldn't take a salary that pushed away my ardent supporters, especially if
their support has enabled me to thrive--not just survive--- for 25 years.

It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face. Or more precisely,
short-term thinking. "Let me grab the big bucks NOW and hope the future takes
care of itself--- if I have any fans left."

Just my 2cents.

Rob