Hi,

I currently have ns-2.27 ns-2.331 and ns-2.33 all instaled in my system.

The simplest trick i use is create a file named ns2.sh in home, and source
it in my ~/.bashrc.

[u...@murali-test ~]$ cat ~/.bashrc
# .bashrc

source ~/ns2.bash
--------

and my ns2.bash contains

[u...@murali-test ns-2.33]$ cat ns2.bash
export
PATH=$PATH:/usr/src/ns-allinone/bin:/usr/src/ns-allinone/tcl/unix:/usr/src/ns-allinone/tk/unix
export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/src/ns-allinone/otcl:/usr/src/ns-allinone/lib
export TCL_LIBRARY=$TCL_LIBRARY:/usr/src/ns-allinone/tcl/library
------------

ns-allinone is symbolic link to the correct directory, and tk, tcl, and otcl
are symbolic links to the respective directories.

Alternately,you can create multiple bash files and source them in
command-line when you are building it.

If there is a big enough demand for this, i can post my detailed working
shell script for this.

- murali

--
see not what comes to u.