From: dka...@gmail.com [mailto:dka...@gmail.com]
Sent: den 15 augusti 2009 22:48
To: Mats Folke
Subject: Re: UMTS on NS-2

I recently installed ns-2.30 and added the required eurane patch to run UMTS on
it, however when i try to run the test_tcp.tcl file or any other file i get the
following error:
any suggestions as to why this is happening?

d...@dk-laptop:~$ ns test1.tcl

    (_o3 cmd line 1)
    invoked from within
"_o3 cmd create-Umtsnode"
    invoked from within
"catch "$self cmd $args" ret"
    invoked from within
"if [catch "$self cmd $args" ret] {
set cls [$self info class]
global errorInfo
set savedInfo $errorInfo
error "error when calling class $cls: $args" $..."
    (procedure "_o3" line 2)
    (SplitObject unknown line 2)
    invoked from within
"$ns create-Umtsnode"
    invoked from within
"set rnc [$ns create-Umtsnode]"
    (file "test1.tcl" line 28)
d...@dk-laptop:~$

Mats Folke-2 wrote:

> Hi!
>
> First of all, please post your questions to the mailing list. It adds
> value to the list.
>
> Yes, you can have multiple versions of ns running in parallel, but you
> need to be very careful how you set up your paths. Please search the web
> for setting up paths in the shell. That will search your other problems
> you wrote about.
>
> Best regards,
> Mats
>
> Syed Faraz Hasan wrote:
>> Dear Mats,
>>
>> Please advise me, can I have both NS-2.33 and NS-2.30 at the same
>> time? Will they both ok if they coexist or do I need to get rid of
>> one for th other?
>>
>> Thanks a lot in anticipation
>>
>> Faraz

>>> http://eurane.ti-wmc.nl/eurane/, patch available there is in diff.gz
>>> format. I am a newbie to open suse linux, I think I should be after

Quoted from:  http://www.nabble.com/UMTS-on-NS-2-tp22659223p22703758.html