<what
>Northumbrian pipes can do better than any other; that precise
>delivery of detached notes with duration and silences perfectly timed.

But unfortunately the obsession with detaching the notes sometimes lead to the
durations and silences being somewhat random - thus destroying the rhythmic
flow. This combined with poor intonation (and possibly cheap electronic echo
effects, which I gather to my amazement would appear to be compatible with
proper piping) can lead to a result that is unlistenable.
I do not wish to be unkind or discourteous, but if the cap fits ....