but I'm not 100% convinced that it can only be down to the salary cap.
The Scott Dann case is an interesting one as I'm fairly sure that Berra
and Zubar would be on more than he's getting at Blue and there are other
players in the squad such as Doyle and SEB who are earning significantly
more, so it seems that if they see the player as being important enough
then they are happy to pay the wages.

Perhaps Mick set his sights too high with some of the experienced
Premier league players that he wanted to bring in and therefore left
himself without a back-up plan.  Maybe the wages have nothing to with
it, other than for Dann who they probably tried to get cheap as he was
coming from lower divisions.

Marcus Chantry   |  Associate Director

Senior Product Manager - Macquarie Life
Level 3, 1 Shelley Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia
T +61 2 8232 4259  |  M 0448 887 627

E marcus.chan...@macquarie.com