Hans Hagen wrote:
I wonder,

\definecharacter Aring         {\ilencodedrA}

\definecharacter Lstroke       {\ilencodedL}
\definecharacter lstroke       {\ilencodedl}

where do these come from? is that because csr does not provide those glyphs?

il2 encoding is not ISO-8859-2 but encoding of CS fonts (csr...). It was derived from ISOO-8859-2 but:
- first 128 glyphs are the same as cmr...
- upper part is added according to ISO-8859-2 (http://nl.ijs.si/gnusl/cee/charset.html) but only chars needed for Czech/Slovak lang.

Neither Aring is present in CSfont, nor Lstroke, nor lstroke.

(which makes il2 like aer (almoet ec) something almost il2 -)

I have mentioned that when I was interested in CMAP.

---

I entered these three chars definitions when I was preparing support for Storm's fonts last weekend. It is a large collection (about 50 families) of commercial fonts with large glyph set each (about 370). Since there are prepared large collectin of tfm (t1 or il2 + one extended) from Petr Olsak I decided to use them. I prepared enco-st2.tex (storm il2) and enco-st3.tex (storm extended) for now (I intended also enco-st1 for t1). The question is how to elegantly switch from standard (st2) tfm to extended (st3) tfm when the glyph is not present in st2 - with preserving \rm, \bf, \it, \bi.

Example: {\bf Bold text with special char \textplus} where \texplus is bold variant from st3 encoded tfm. It is understandable?

Vit