How did you get your LilyPond fragments?
The only way I know would be to cut them from whole PDF pages with Acrobat.

Ah, I understand the point.
Yes, in my new composition I create a graph connecting some musical fragment (I don't wanna bore yuo too much with these details). In any case, I use Context as general typesetting environment, Metafun as vectorial, scalable, scriptable drawing engine, and lilypond as notation generator. The idea is to produce lily files, to render them, to include them in a metafun drawing, where I can clip and place them opportunely, and to render context files. My program is written in Python.

But, it's true, I got involved in the problem of cropping PDFs output by lily (from the a6 format I chose). I solved using externalfigure clip in metafun. I tried Imagemagik: it crops the PDFs but it seems that it rasterizes the image. So, what can one use to crop a pdf? Preview in macosx, as acrobat, does the job, but I'd prefer too to use something from the command line.

But I'm only a newbie (and I don't really feel like learning Scheme).
I don't want, too. I'd like to have python :)

Here are two of the resulting scores (not totally finished yet)
www.semiotiche.it/andrea/membrana/nodi-I.pdf
www.semiotiche.it/andrea/membrana/nodi-II.pdf

and one of the context file
www.semiotiche.it/andrea/membrana/nodi-I.tex

Best

-a-

PS: ah, thanks to the list, without support I won't be able to draw a line...