andrea valle wrote:
> So, I was asking myself: is lily direct inclusion in context so
> relevant? Why?

 No, in the same way there is really no absolute need to have MetaPost
code directly in you TeX files.  Having them in external files,
compiling from a Makefile and just using \externalfigure[gfx-1.pdf]
works perfectly.  It's just that some people (often including me) prefer
to have their sources in one place, especially when using small snippets.

 Oh, and of course including the sources in the TeX files allows things
such as passing parameters (not yet done for lilypond), such as the
proper-page-break thing I mentioned.

Christopher