Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 10:17:45AM +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> how does it look when printed ... rendering is hinting dependent
>
> Haven't printed it, yet, but I think it would be a fair assumption
> that printing would give a result as expected; i.e. it will print as
> well as any other document.
>
> So, that means I shouldn't worry about the slightly bad rendering?
> That is all right. But I am yet to figure out why dvips/divpdf fail
> while dvipdfmx seems to get the math symbols right.

Please check your original-public-lm.map. It has a line for cmr10,
and it should contain a reencoding vector (lm-rep-cmrm.enc), like so:

   cmr10     CMR10     <lm-rep-cmrm.enc  <lmr10.pfb

if the line looks ok, then dvips is apparently not capable of finding
that map file. That is the cause of the missing Omega: wrong font
encoding of the actually used font.

Best, Taco